Information that we collect
We may collect information about you, including:
- information that you provide to us to become a member and/or investor ;
- contact information, including first and last name, phone number, email and mailing address.
- payment information to reimburse investments and/or receive dividends, including bank account and routing number.
- profile information, including the denomination of your organization and other information you may provide us with.
- other information we may legally be required to collect from you.
- other information we may obtain about you when you interact with Oikocredit International, for example your financial transaction history.
How we use the information
We use the information we collect to:
- provide you with the information and services you request.
- communicate with you about your transactions and other administrative issues.
- send you information, based on your communications preferences.
- measure and improve our sites and services.
- resolve disputes, address complaints and troubleshoot technical problems.
- analyze site and user behavior and prepare aggregated reports.
- comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Sharing and disclosure
We will not share your information outside the Oikocredit International corporate family (Oikocredit International and its network of support associations and field offices) with third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit prior written consent.
To provide our products and services, we may disclose your information to the following parties:
Service Providers. We may share information with service providers under contract who help with our business operations. Our service providers are required to keep the information confidential and use it only for the services they provide to us.
Legal and Other Disclosures. We may disclose information (i) when permitted and/or required by law or under the good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary under applicable law; (ii) to comply with legal process served on Oikocredit International to protect the property or interests of Oikocredit International, its members and employees; or (iii) to protect personal safety or the public.
Unsubscribe - opt-out
At any time, you have the option to opt out of receiving marketing communications from Oikocredit International. However, while you are a registered Oikocredit International member and/or investor you can not opt out of administrative correspondence (for example, delivery of financial information, or correspondence about your transactions or our policy changes)
It may be necessary to continue to provide you with information and services related to the securities you have purchased until those securities mature or are redeemed, and we will complete the account closure process at that time. After we close your account, we may retain some information to comply with law, prevent fraud, assist with investigations, resolve disputes, analyze or troubleshoot programs and take actions otherwise permitted by law. If your account or membership is terminated or suspended, we may retain some information to prevent re-registration.
Oikocredit International does not tolerate spam. We do not send emails to anyone without permission, and we do not sell or rent email addresses to any unauthorized third party. This does not mean that we can prevent spam from happening on the Internet. If you believe that you have received an unsolicited email from us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate.
We view the protection of your privacy as a very important principle. We store and process your information on computers that are protected by physical as well as technological security devices. We have implemented physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that are designed to protect the security of your information. These include advanced firewall and password protection for our databases, physical access controls to our buildings and files, and restricted access to your personal information to employees that need to know that information to operate, develop or improve our services.
Links to or from other sites
The Oikocredit International site may contain links to external internet sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and are not an endorsement by Oikocredit International of the contents of those external sites.
Oikocredit International is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of sites that link to this site or which are linked from it and Oikocredit International makes no representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such sites. Our Cookies and Privacy Policies do not apply to any collection and processing of your personal data on or through such other external sites.
Oikocredit International will do its best to ensure that the processing of your personal data is carried out in such a way that your privacy is protected and safeguarded as much as possible. Oikocredit International collects your personal data only to the extent that it is necessary to provide you with our services, for the development of web statistics reports, web surfing analysis solely regarding the oikocredit.org and oikocredit.coop website, and to comply with mandatory requirements.
Oikocredit International collects and stores the following visitor information regarding the usage of this website: date and time of day you access our website, time zone, screen resolution, browser type, browser language, the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using, the pages visited, previous/subsequent sites visited and length of user session solely regarding the oikocredit.org and oikocredit.coop websites.
Oikocredit International does not collect any unique information or any personal data about you (such as your name, e-mail address or other contact information) except when you specifically and knowingly provide such information. Oikocredit International does not collect any information about other websites you visit, programs you run on your computer, passwords you use or any other key strokes in fields that have been qualified as sensitive by the webmaster of such sites.
The information collection mentioned above is gathered by using a cookies. A cookie is a small line of text that is stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifiable informationand most of them are removed once the session is finished. We use the following cookies in our websites:
- First party cookies are set by the website, you are visiting and they can only be read by that site.
- Session Cookies are stored only temporarily during a browsing session and are deleted from the user’s device when the browser is closed.
- Persistent cookies are saved on your computer for a fixed period (usually a year or longer) and is not deleted when the browser is closed. Persistent cookies are used where we need to know who you are for more than one browsing session. For example, we use this type of cookie to store your preferences, so that they are remembered for the next visit:
- Language cookie: it remembers the preferred language you selected in your last visit.
- Third party cookies are set by a different organisation to the owner of the website you are visiting
- Google Analytics: From time to time some Oikocredit International online services, use Google Analytics. This is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc . It sets a cookie in order to evaluate use of those services and compiles a report for us.
- Facebook.com (Facebook): On distinct pages we might offer a Facebook plugin. In such a case Facebook might place a cookie on your pc. Depending on your Facebook login, Facebook will gather information about your visit to our website. More on the Facebook cookie.
- Twitter.com (Twitter): On distinct pages we might offer a Twitter plugin. In such a case Twitter might place a cookie on your pc. Depending on your Twitter login, Twitter will gather information about your visit to our website. More on the Twitter cookie.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually alter the setting of your browser to prevent that. If you do not wish to receive cookies, please refer to the "help" file of your Internet browser to learn how to either block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
This Privacy Statement may be modified from time to time to comply with applicable laws, or to reflect our updated business practises, without prior notice. Please check this page periodically for any changes that may be posted.